Low in sugar and carbs, but high in protein, this dreamy dessert is a good option if you have diabetes or prediabetes.
- 18-20 gingersnaps (1 3/4 inches each), crushed
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
1. Heat the oven to 350°. Coat a tart pan with canola spray and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs with the oil. Press into the pan to completely cover the bottom. The crumbs need not come up the sides.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, cream cheese, egg whites, sugar, honey, ginger and cloves. Beat until smooth.
4. Pour into the prepared pan. Place teaspoons full of melted chocolate on top of the cheese mixture and swirl with a knife to make designs. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until set.
Serves 12. Per serving: 209 calories, 8.6 g fat, 26.3 g carbohydrates, 7.4 g protein
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Curves Complete: You may occasionally substitute one serving for a 200 calorie snack.