Being on a diet with a sweet tooth can be harder than it sounds – for most of us, we experience these desires to feed our sweet tooth right after finishing dinner. Don’t worry! There is plenty of guilt-free desserts out there. In this article, we at Curves will be providing you with yet another recipe for a sweet dish which won’t make you feel like you are cheating your diet plan.
5 cups chopped ripe mango (about 5 mangoes), fresh or frozen
½ cup water
1 teaspoon lime zest
¼ cup lime juice
¼ cup sugar
- Puree mango in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine water, lime zest, lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir the syrup into the fruit puree. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until cold, about 4 hours.
- Pour the sorbet mixture into an ice cream maker. (No ice cream maker? See Tips.) Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Place back into the freezer.
- Remove from the freezer 3-5 minutes before serving time.
88 calories; 0 g fat(0 g sat); 2 g fiber; 22 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 45 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g sugars; 6 g added sugars; 1,120 IU vitamin A; 40 mg vitamin C; 13 mg calcium; 0 mg iron; 2 mg sodium; 183 mg potassium.