If you want to start the year right, it makes sense to start each day the right way too. Our healthy breakfast recipe options are the ideal way to get your body ready for the day – and the year – ahead.
A luscious green strawberry smoothie
Prep: 5 mins – Cook: Zero mins – Ready in: 5 mins
- 160g ripe strawberries, hulled
- 160g baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, halved and the flesh scooped out
- 150ml pot bio yogurt
- 2 small oranges, juiced, plus ½ tsp finely grated zest
Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until completely smooth. If it’s a little thick, add a drop of chilled water then blitz again. Pour into glasses and drink straight away.
Herb omelette with fried tomatoes
Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 5 mins – Ready in: 10 mins
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan, then cook the tomatoes cut-side down until they start to soften and colour. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the herbs and plenty of freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl.
- Scoop the tomatoes from the pan and put them on two serving plates. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir gently with a wooden spoon so the egg that sets on the base of the pan moves to enable uncooked egg to flow into the space. Stop stirring when it’s nearly cooked to allow it to set into an omelette. Cut into four and serve with the tomatoes.
Prep: 10 mins – Cook: Zero mins – Ready in: The morning
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g rolled porridge oats
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 50g mixed berries
- drizzle of honey
- ½ tbsp nut butter
- The night before serving, stir the cinnamon and 100ml water (or milk) into your oats with a pinch of salt.
- The next day, loosen with a little more water (or milk) if needed. Top with the yogurt, berries, a drizzle of honey and the nut butter.
If you want more guidance and information on healthy living, please contact your nearest Curves club or book a free consultation now!