It’s Easter and you know what that means? Guilt-free treats!
Easter is one of the easiest times to accidently indulge in everyone’s favourite springtime tradition – chocolate! It seems that from February onwards, the shops are full of Easter Eggs and temptation lies in every aisle and around every corner. At Curves, we’ve got some examples of how to celebrate Easter with one eye on doing it the healthy way. Enjoy!
Nothing Processed Homemade Chocolate Eggs!
Prep: 20min - Cook: N/A - Ready in: 50mins
- 225g raw cacao butter
- 12 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 130g agave syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop of flavoured essence (peppermint, orange or ginger, optional)
- Melt the raw cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes then add the cacao powder and mix in.
- Once incorporated add the agave, vanilla and the optional flavoured essence.
- Pour the chocolate into a silicone mould and put straight into the freezer for 30 minutes or until set. Pop them out and keep in the fridge. Serve chilled.
No-bake Granola Bites
Prep: 10min - Cook: 0min - Ready in: 1-2hrs
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl, mixing gently so the crispy rice cereal doesn't get crushed. Mix until well-combined.
- Drop rounded tablespoonful-sized portions onto a parchment or wax paper lined cooking sheet and roll them into a ball.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Serve and enjoy!
Prep: 10min - Cook: 0min - Ready in: 2hrs
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp grated cacao butter (melted)
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Process all in a high-speed blender or food processor for 30 seconds and pour into small moulds. Freeze until set.
Now you can ‘indulge’ this Easter without going overboard on the Easter Eggs! For more advice and information on healthy living, please contact your nearest Curves club or book a free consultation now!