Healthy Valentines Day Menu
Valentine’s day doesn’t have to be a day of pure indulgence that takes you off track. You can still enjoy a healthy balanced meal that hits the spot and sweeps your partner off their feet. We have created the perfect dinner menu that balances sweet and savoury; indulgence and moderation. With everyone consuming a little more calories on Valentines than in your normal day to day diet be sure to work extra hard in your Curves workout this week and enjoy!
Feta, Beetroot & Pomegranate Salad
Serves 2 - 293 calories per serving
- 4 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 4 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 40g Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Romaine Lettuce
- 60g Feta (Crumbled)
- 2 Cooked Beetroot (cut into wedges)
- Large Handful of Mint
- Large Handful of Parsley
- Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Pinches of Ground Cinnamon
- Rocket Leaves
- Whisk the oil, pomegranate molasses, cinnamon, cumin seeds, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water in a bowl and season to taste.
- Add the herbs, beetroot, feta, rocket and lettuce to a bowl and toss together with the dressing.
- Sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds & serve.
Rib-eye Steak with Red Wine & Pastrami Sauce
Serves 2 - 851 calories per serving
- 2 Rib-eye steaks
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 80g of Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- ½ Lemon (squeezed)
- 1 Shallot (finely chopped)
- 100ml Red Wine
- 200ml Fresh Beef Stock
- 50g Pastrami (finely chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (deseeded & chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Season the steaks well. Heat oil in a frying pan large enough to fit both steaks and then add half the butter, garlic, and thyme.
- Cook the steaks for 3 minutes for rare, 4 minutes for medium and 6 minutes for well-done. Then flip the steak and repeat.
- Then add the lemon juice to the pan and spoon over the steak. Take off the heat and transfer to a warm plate to rest.
- Pour off the fat from the pan and give a quick wipe with kitchen roll. Then re-add to the heat, adding the remaining butter and cook off the shallots for 30 seconds, before adding the wine and reducing to a glaze.
- Pour in the stock and bring the pan back up to a boil. Add the pastrami, chili and cook through before adding the parsley.
- Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve with an accompaniment of your choice.
Chocolate Covered Prosecco Strawberries
Serves 2 - 150 calories per serving
- 12 medium strawberries
- 475ml of prosecco
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Put the strawberries in a bowl with the prosecco and leave in the fridge overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Remove the strawberries from the prosecco and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Microwave your chocolate on high and on 20-second intervals remove it and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Dip the strawberries in chocolate, place on grease-proof paper and place in the fridge for a further 20 minutes until set.
Why not couple your balanced diet with some regular exercise? Curves coaches are here to help you change your lifestyle! It's as easy as requesting your free first appointment at any Curves gym - go for it!