Feeling healthy and happy in your body means being holistically strong:
Strong in body, mind, and spirit.
Curves helps women strengthen all three of these elements. Although it’s important to start with a strong foundation and a strong core. Just like a pyramid has a strong foundation, so should you when building yourself, your mind, and your body. If you have a strong base your structure will have stability, and endurance to resist force. This can be physical, mental, or emotional. We need to take care of our core strength so we can stand strong for ourselves and for our loved ones.
This is where strength training comes in. There are multiple benefits of strength training and is a vital part of your overall fitness plan. It’s an activity that benefits multiple areas of your body, and health.
Strength training is important at any age although it’s especially significant as you mature since lean muscle mass naturally diminishes, and body fat percentage increases. If you do not do anything to replace the lean muscle, you will lose it over time. Strength training can help you preserve and enhance your muscle mass at any age.
According to clinical research strength training may also help you:
- Control your weight. Strength training can help you manage or lose weight, and it can increase your metabolism to help you burn more calories.
- Promotes flexibility. Increases joint range of motion, allowing for greater mobility and flexibility.
- Enhance your quality of life. Strength can help you improve your ability to do everyday activities, and can also protect your joints from injury. Building muscle also can contribute to better balance and may reduce your risk of falls. This can help you maintain independence as you age.
- Can help you appear leaner. As you build more muscle and lose fat, you will appear leaner. This is because muscle is denser than fat, meaning it takes up less space on your body pound for pound. Therefore, you may lose inches off your waist even if you don’t see a change in the number on the scale. Also, losing body fat and building stronger and larger muscles showcases more muscle definition, creating a stronger and leaner appearance.
- Manage chronic conditions. Strength training can reduce the signs and symptoms of many chronic conditions, such as arthritis, back pain, obesity, heart disease, depression, and diabetes.
- Sharpen your thinking skills. Some research suggests that regular strength training and aerobic exercise may help improve thinking and learning skills for older adults.
Strong and Curves are two words that stand for the same thing: Women Empowerment. We need to allow ourselves our power and we maintain power through a balance of a strong mind, a strong body, and a strong soul.
Women have had to be strong to hold the family together, brave to create it, and have had to have the endurance to keep the family growing.
The team at Curves is passionate about our mission “Strengthening Women”.
The circuit concentrates on a 30-minute Workout combining Strength Training with Cardio and Stretching to develop lean muscle, raise metabolism, burn fat and tone up.
Curves equipment focuses on strength by overloading the muscles and elevating the heart rate, changing stations every 30 seconds to sustain the heart rate by doing cardiovascular exercises on the metabolic stations. You will work every major muscle group while keeping your heart rate within your target training zone.
We believe that by strengthening women and promoting the habit of exercise, together we will help ourselves and our members achieve goals, have a better quality of life, and improve the overall physical and emotional health of individuals and communities.
Take the first step towards the future you’ve always wanted and deserve, and join the Curves community.
Find your Curves community, and click here ➡️ Find your Curves club – Curves
Strong, and healthy is the new Beautiful!