Spiced Sweet Potato & Bacon Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 strips extra lean turkey bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
Heat oven to 350°F.
1. Poke the potatoes in several places with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and roast until tender, 45 to 60 minutes, depending on size. Let cool enough to peel. (You can also use leftover sweet potatoes.)
2. Place the potatoes in a large food processor or blender and process until smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, turmeric, and salt and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Add to the blender along with the broth and yogurt and puree until smooth. Add more water if needed.
4. Add the soup to a large saucepan and heat, stirring frequently. Serve with the bacon and scallions sprinkled on top.
Serves 6. Per serving: 131 calories, 3 g fat, 22 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 4.5 g protein
Curves Complete: Enjoy for lunch or dinner with a chicken and vegetable salad on Phase 1 or 2.