3 healthy lunch ideas
Are you looking new inspiration for your lunch menus? Our tasty and healthy recipes are a great option for those of you want to avoid junk food and refine food.
Turkey club sandwich
- 50g of light cheddar cheese (slices)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 tomato
- 20g of light cheese spread (eg. Philadelphia)
- 2 slices of turkey ham
- Slice the tomato, the cucumber and the onion.
- Grill the bread and slice it in triangle
- Spread the cheese spread on the bread, place the lettuce.
- Place one slice of cheddar, one slice of turkey and onion and repeat until there is none left. Put the tomato, the cucumber and more lettuce on top. Place the last slice of bread with cheese spread on top of the sandwich.
Mixed veg frittata
- 2 tbsps of lemon juice
- 50 gr of new potatoes
- 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil
- 250 gr of fresh mixed vegetables
- 1 minced garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 4 tbsp of skimmed milk
- 30 gr of low fat cheddar
- 1 tbsp of herbs
Prep: Can use frozen vegetables that include carrots, broccoli, green beans and peas. Its totally up to you.
- Heat the oven to 180degreesC/fan 160degreesC/Gas mark 4 and spray a 500ml baking dish with oil.
- Cook Veg according to packet instructions and then leave to cool for 5 minutes
- For potatoes I used left over cooked new potatoes, but you can also use freshly boiled then chopped new potatoes.
- Whisk the eggs and egg white in a bowl with the mince garlic clove (can add extra clove if you like want), chilli powder, milk and 2 tbsp of the grated cheese. Stir through the cooked veg, cooked potatoes, lemon juice and the herbs, then season with ground black pepper.
- Pour the mix into the baking dish, sprinkle over the remaining cheese then bake for 25 minutes or until set.
Serving 1, 400Kcal
- 175g potatoes
- 50g of fresh green beans
- 30g of tuna packed in water
- 6g of parsley
- ¼ onion
- 8 olives
- 1 egg
- ½ tomato
- ½ head of cos lettuce
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Vinegar (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Peel potato and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place potatoes in pot and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain and cool.
- Place a steamer insert in a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover and bring water to a boil. Place green beans in steamer insert and cover. Steam for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain tuna, mince parsley, and slice desired amount of onion into thin slices. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, tuna, parsley, onion slices and olives. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and remove from heat immediately. Cover saucepan and leave egg in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove egg from saucepan and let cool. Peel shell off and slice hard-boiled egg.
- Place tuna mixture atop Romaine lettuce and top with slices of hard-boiled egg and tomato.
- Garnish with capers and parsley, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Tips: 1/4 whole = 1/4 cup chopped onion - 1/2 whole = 1/2 cup chopped tomato - 6 grams = 1/4 cup parsley - 1/2 head = 540 grams Romaine lettuce
Serving 1, 400 kcal, 45g CH, 30g Protein, 11g Fat