World Health Day 2020
World Health Day 2020 will shed light on the vital role played by nurses and midwives in providing healthcare around the world, which is so precious and fundamental in this current climate.
At Curves, we have created a women's community that supports and sustains each other. We believe that cooperation is the right answer to the difficulties. "Together we are stronger", is our philosophy and the motto that has always guided us to achieve a healthy lifestyle and maintain our personal wellbeing.
Taking care of yourself is very important. Especially at this time, where a strong immune system is crucial and can make a difference in being less vulnerable to viruses.But how can you strengthen your immune system?
A balanced diet
Healthy eating prevents many diseases and protects our health. Here are some basic rules for a proper diet, which must always be varied, healthy and balanced.
- Eat more vegetables and fruit that is in season: these foods are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and phytonutrients, all essential substances for our body.
- Reduce salt consumption. Try replacing it with spices, such as curry or turmeric or aromatic herbs. You will give flavour to your dishes whilst avoiding the pitfalls of high salt content, which range from water retention issues to hypertension.
- Drink at least 2 litres of water every day: it is essential to help digestion, absorption and transport of nutrients. It also helps to purify us, helping the body to eliminate waste.
- Never skip meals. Eat at least three regular meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), adding two mid-morning and afternoon snacks.
The importance of sleep
Sleep has numerous beneficial effects on our health. It is essential to maintain a good psychophysical balance and to have the energy that allows us to face our daily commitments in the best possible way. The benefits of sleep do not end there. Sleeping well and for at least 7-8 hours per night helps to keep away certain diseases such as hypertension, improves memory, increases productivity and strengthens the immune system.
Sleeping poorly is also considered one of the risk factors for obesity. While we sleep, our body produces leptin, a hormone that increases the sense of satiety and also helps us to control nervous hunger during the day. A good rest, therefore, helps us to keep our weight under control and avoid the risks associated with obesity. Not only that, the lack of sleep and the tiredness that comes with it push us to eat more by preferring sugars and junk food.
Regular physical activity
As the years go by, the proportion between muscle mass and fat mass changes; this means your body composition can change, even when you keep your weight unchanged. In order to contain or counteract weight gain and therefore all the related diseases, the simplest natural solution is to remain active no matter your age.
In addition to prolonging life, exercise can also:
- Reduce the risks associated with osteoporosis
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases
- Improves mood tone and self-esteem
- Helps prevent and counter depression
It is also important to include movement in your daily routine, turning normal daily activities into a pretext for exercise: climbing stairs, walking your dog, taking long walks, playing with children and much more.
Find out what exercise is right for your age and how to get a perfect physique at any age with Curves training!
Benefits of Curves training for women
The 30-minute Curves workout is specially designed for all women who want to lead a healthy lifestyle without having to sacrifice their work or family life! What sets our workout apart from all others is its short duration, which not only allows you to integrate it perfectly into your routine, but guarantees you the results and all the benefits of a complete workout thanks to the combination of strength, cardio and stretching exercises.
In addition, our coaches will always be at your side to guide you through the workout tailored to your body's needs and fitness goals, helping to achieve the quality of life and results you've always dreamed of!
Prioritising our wellbeing means not only improving our quality of life, but also making the most of our social and working relationships. Learning about our own needs helps us to feel better about ourselves and freer.
But how to take care of ourselves and where to start? Here are some useful tips to never forget about yourself:
- Take time just for yourself by dedicating yourself to what you like and what makes you feel good.
- Take care of your body through a balanced diet and exercise, without forgetting to indulge yourself with a few treats
- Listen to your emotions, desires, needs and limits. Then learn to do what you feel.
- Cultivate positive relationships and surround yourself with people who make you feel good.
- Live every single moment without expectations and stay focused on the present.
If you want to join our community, book a free consultation now or contact your nearest Curves Club.