Curves Clubs Reopening Across Ireland, in a World After Lockdown
During the past few months, everyone's world has been turned upside down. Lockdown changed the way we work, communicate, and exercise. But we have adapted, we have continued, we have thrived. We kept going with our online sessions through social media, motivational messages, and recipes.
We kept going and strengthening the Curves Community. All thanks to you, our members, our coaches, our Curves Spirit.
We can't wait to see you! After more than 25 years by your side, with hard work, and dedication from our coaches and franchisees, it's time to get back on the circuit!
Our goal hasn't changed: we want to help women to improve their lives through our exclusive 30-minute Strength Training programme. We want to help women achieve their fitness and wellness goals. We want to support and guide women every step of the way.
Safety and Social Distancing Measures
Although our objective has not changed, we have had to make some adaptations to guarantee everyone's safety. At Curves, we have taken every precaution to ensure clubs are ready for the challenge.
We have prepared a comprehensive Post-COVID-19 Health and Safety Programme which all our franchisees have completed before re-reopening. The aim is for every Curves club to be 100% aware of the new measurements in place, taking into consideration local government guidance, internal quality controls and procedures to create a safe and clean environment for everyone.
"Curves will play a vital role in ensuring the continued health and wellbeing of our community as Covid-19 restrictions ease." Tanya McFee, Director of Operations, Curves Europe.
The health, wellbeing and overall safety of our members and staff are at the core of everything we do. The entire Curves team’s top priority is for everyone to feel safe while working out.
Below, a few things you can expect to see at our clubs:
- Daily clean-up and sanitisation checklists
- Hand sanitising stations in the clubs
- Social distancing rules – 2-meters apart
- In some clubs, methacrylate screens might be placed in areas where the required physical distancing cannot take place
- Members will be asked to pre-book their training sessions; this is to avoid having too many people in the club at any given time.
"The Curves franchisees and their teams have been working hard during this period to ensure that our partners can return to a safe environment at Curves. It has never been more important than now to focus on our health and wellbeing" Tanya McFee, Director or Operations, Curves Europe.
What to expect when you return to your club:
- Please continue using the Bookyway app: with the app, we can monitor how many people in the club ensuring a safe environment for both staff and members. Book early to avoid disappointment as limited spaces per time block might be available depending on your club's capacity.
- Plan your training routines ahead of time, this way you will know when and how often you will be coming to the club.
- Social distancing: please wash your hand before entering the club. We also ask you to bring your own towel, your own water bottle and always keep 2-meters apart. Avoid physical contact, and make sure you wipe clean the machines after use.
We are confident that working together we can adapt to the new challenges we can achieve great results.
We are so excited to see you!
Follow us on social media to stay informed about club re-openings, nutrition, health and more! Or find your nearest Curves Club today to book an appointment!